Thursday, April 10, 2008

even though, we ain't got money.....

....I'm soooo in love with ya honey!! (...it's a song....oh, never mind!) Well, today is our 4th wedding anniversary! We were planning on going to SLO to hike Bishops, but it was too foggy and cold for the boys...and then Benji arrived (unexpected...but a joy!!) So God orchestrated our morning to work out for every ones benefit! Instead we had a delicious breakfast (when all else fails, make really yummy and pretty food right??) So since a lot of our church is relatively new and doesn't really know Rex or yours truly, I thought I'd share our wedding album with you!(you'll think it's a lot of photos....really, it's not...we have a box full!!) So I hope ya'all enjoy these!











Rex and I have actually been "together" since October 2001, so our wedding day was really just icing on the cake, so to speak...On May 1st you can expect to read about our dating days and how we came to be... it'll probably be broken into chapters...because, well, it's a lot! God is soo good. I have to tell you truthfully; we agreed that the first two years were extremely hard for us..there are several reasons why (I believe..ultimately it was hard so that we could grow to depend on God and not build all these "false expectations" and simply love God and find sole contentment in Him first!) Maybe all the baggage we both brought (holding on to bitter feelings about our premarital sexual relationship) and the emotions that come from a relationship like ours before we married. Maybe because we started our marriage with a toddler, maybe our "young" age, maybe pride, immaturity, selfishness, etc....there is probably a multitude of "reasons" why our marriage was pretty tough to start, but I would not (and I mean it!!) trade one single trial we have had...well, maybe one..jk! Because I know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" -Romans 8:28. I am (now/post) actually extremely grateful for each struggle, each petty argument, each humbling experience we shared...1. it glorified God, 2. we fell in love with God together and with each other, 3. Rex is a believer and not only involved in Jadens' life (and mine!!) but we're married and have Brady....believe me, that shocked everyone!. The past 4 yrs (actually 7 1/2) have been a wild roller coaster and amazing!

I love you Rex, Tingles and Everything!!
XoXo Baby Cakes oXoX

6 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

oh my goodness, you guys are adorable! are the guys wearing traditional Filipino (sp?) attire? it's fun to see the church set up for a wedding--i've never seen it like that before. where was your reception?

A thankful heart said...

thanks kristen! Yep..the guys wore Barong Tagalogs for our wedding...then Rex had to listen to my brothers and be "punk rock" and wear black socks...nice:) Yeah, the church was tough to decorate...it's asthetically not a pretty church and you'll notice the carpet didn't even match.. but Charlotte was in charge of my flowers and the day before, we all got together at my parents and did ALL the floral arangements...So Charlotte did a great job considering the obstacles!! It turned out beautiful! Our reception was at my wonderful in-laws home. They have a large back yard and the day after Christmas I bought all the string white lights from Target for maybe 30 cents each! Then we did yard work, but the yard was amazing...my favorite was when the sun set, and the lights were on....awe....awesome!!

Alicia said...

Congradulations on your Anniversary! I loved looking at your pics (I clicked on them and got to seem the big version).
You guys are a tresure and a treasure of a story of God's goodness. Your love for eachother is a sweet thing to see. I picture you both many, many years from now so in love and with so much of a journey under your belts that you could never dream to be apart.

Tricia said...

Congratulation on you Wedding Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding! Thank you for sharing your photos.

I am Katy, said...

Now you're got me in tears. Thanks alot. :) What a blessing to see God's hand in it all. Thanks for sharing the pics. What a beautiful bride.

Kristen Borland said...

hey, our reception was at my in-laws too! we had a simple cake reception for the whole church at the church, and then we had just family and close friends at my in-laws. mike built a new flagstone patio at his parents' house just in time for the wedding, which is where we had our first dance.

Labels