Friday, April 18, 2008

amazing.....

So a couple of days ago (Wednesday to be exact!!), we were down to like 6 diapers...by choice! We had tried to potty train Brady a couple of months ago with no success..at not because we didn't try...but because, man my blood runs thick through his veins and he inherited my stubborn heart:( So anyway, I was going to have a girlfriend over on Wednesday and we both ended up not feeling well, so we canceled...no biggy..I could get my "to do" list done...on the top; school and yardwork, then dishes, vacuum and mop, and clean both bathrooms...nowhere on that list was potty training! I went to change Bradys diaper and saw we were finally drawing near the end and decided to put him in his super cool super hero undies...they are soooo cute! (and ask Alicia, I don't like...excuse me, prefer Spider Man!!)
So he went through 4 pairs of Spiderman underwear and I was feeling defeated...after all, he is a very bright child and understands quite a bit...and he could articulate what I was requesting of him, but just didn't want to do it (he didn't feel like it!) We tried bribing w/chocolate, then bribing by rewarding Jaden each time he went potty...nothing:( So then we prayed about Brady, because clearly it was a character and control issue....and that is something we need to nip in the bum...goodness he's almost 3!
So anyway, all the extra details asside.. Since Wednesday he's had TWO accidents (one last night, and yesterday in the morning on Rexs' shift:) Benji was over and Rex was doing his devotional and told Brady to "wait a minute.." something we know you can't tell a fresh potty trainee!!) So as silly as this post is...I'm stoked!! Now I get a couple months of only ONE child in diapers (3 days a week-Benji) until Charlie or Evalina is here!! I can't wait!!!
Oh, also (not that this is really important or urgent..or that you're interested....but again, my blog!!) So we were inspired and have been for the past year or more...by a girlfriend who uses cloth diapers...Katy you're amazing..and we decided for our next couple of babies (no announcement on being pregnant:( just informing you about when we have our next bundles!!) Anway, we will be doing cloth diapers...so, thoughtful me, I practically planned our next babyshower for our next son (who I am not pregnant with yet, nor have we decided on adoption yet...wow, I sounds wild!) moving on...I think a "Diaper and Dinner" Baby shower is just my cup of tea...If like half the ladies could get me cloth diapers and the other half make a dinner to be frozen for after the birth...how great does that idea sound??...well, I should stop with that...there are a ton of baby showers coming up and I can't wait to get all of these ideas out!
Yeah for potty training!!

6 comments:

I am Katy, said...

Way to go Brady! Send some potty training tips our way. Patrick just got a potty chair this week and took his first business on it today. Of course he was fully clothed and did it in his diaper, but I have hope that he may potty train before his sister comes. We'll see.

Sounds like you're a cloth diaper convert to me. :) It's fun. You'll love it. And, great shower idea. I know I'm requesting pink and lavendar Fuzzi Bunz as shower gifts since the rest of our diapers are all boy or neutral colors. She'll look so cute in a bubble gum pink diaper. :)

Tricia said...

Great Job Brady! I always felt like I had accomplished something when my kids where potty trained. So, Great Job Kendall!

Kristen Borland said...

first of all, you crack me up!! and i've been waiting and waiting for another post from you!

second, woohoo! about potty training. that's pretty huge and very exciting! yay, brady!! only one in diapers once a week or so... nice! (and by the way, benji is getting tall!!)

third, diapers and dinner is an awesome (and hilarious!!) idea for a shower, and oh it's never too early to plan your shower (hee, hee). you've actually inspired me (through inspiration from katy) to consider (and i do mean just consider) clothe diapers. hmmm... yeah, still just considering.

and fourth, i think we are going to be roomies at the women's conference. i heard that from diane, but before you faint from the sheer thrill of that possibility, i'm not positive. so please refrain your excitement for now.

see ya at Bible study!

Alicia said...

eeek... i put a long comment and it got lost!
In a nutshell:
Good job, potty post is great!
You get meals either way if you have a baby you know!
I'm old and your font is tiny.
I use to hate spidie too, tried to avoid him, nope.
Caedmon declared at the Children's Museum with a cape on and in the grocery play area that he was "Supermarket Man!"

I am Katy, said...

It's been awhile? How are things? I miss reading your posts.

skylana said...

i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want some sucanat! i cant even wait to start baking with it! woooo hooooo!!!! call or text me when you wanna.... we SERIOUSLY need to hang out.

Labels