Wednesday, October 8, 2008

so the name is....

Samuel Madrid! He's a BOY!!!...and we could not be happier..seriously! The ultrasound went wonderfully. The Doctor spent a good 30/40 minutes looking over every cm of Sam's body...and it was beautiful and healthy! We're about 22 weeks along, still due around Valentines Day..Sam is about 11in tall:) and 10 1/2 oz..It's crazy how technology works sometimes..I still don't get how you can see the baby sooo vividly and clear through ALL this girls layers of skin..and other layers:)

Today and yesterday we all woke up just sooo excited! It was cute, in the office, after it was obvious Sam's gender and I said "Whoa...is he a BOY???" The Doctor laughed and said "if he isn't, I want you to come see me after she's born.." Then Brady added "No mommy, it's a Samantha!" I love him. He melts my heart like no other boy...well maybe a couple other guys:) So anyway, we're both healthy, and steadily growing...if only eating healthy and not gaining weight was as easy as it is when I'm pregnant, I'd be a little skinny mini:) I got the go ahead to eat more healthy calories (to gain wait...that has never happened!!)

Well, I'll try to load his first photo shoot and the ultrasound video..don't feel obligated to watch..I'm sure it's something only his mother could stand to watch several times a day!! When we watch it (which has been quite a few since Tues morn) I just marvel that in twenty short weeks God has created, formed, molded and designed every cell, crevice, hair, blood vessel, etc. on this precious child and he's a beautiful amazing little man in progress. We cannot wait to see him, hold him and kiss him till he falls asleep!!! So if you do watch it, it's about 13 minutes, but enjoy watching this sweet babe and seeing Gods work in progress and praise Him with us!! We don't deserve Sam but we are eternally grateful he is entrusting him to us!!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

WOW! HOW FUN! More Dino's! More Dino buddies too:) Praise God Kendal!
I would love to see your video and pics. :)
Congrats!

Kristen Borland said...

WOW!! a boy! congratulations!! can't wait to meet samuel. :)

Tricia said...

Congratulations! How exciting a boy! Praise God! It so amazing how God knits us together. I would love to see pics and video of Sam. :)

Christina said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations, Kendall.

julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS KENDALL!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE NAME SAMUEL! you know alex's middle name is samuel because the old testament hannah prayed earnestly for a child and she named him samuel. we felt it couldn't be anything BUT samuel for our alex! love it love it love it!!!! how exciting for you and rex. may Jesus bless you with your fine little precious family. i can only imagine how estactic your mama and daddy are about now????:)))) keep us all posted as the date gets closer!!!!!!!!!!!!
love,
julie harris

Labels