Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Forgive me...I'm lame!

Second today...sooo sorry guys! I'm sure you'll all be cross eyed...or cross at me:(However, I just received this thoughtful award and it would be rude of me to wait another week or two to blog on it! so #2 here we go!!

How sweet is this gal! Alicia...you are too kind, really! My good friend Alicia wrote some really thoughtful things about a lady who sounds nice and she happened to drop my name in...you may be mistaken my friend! But thank you....sincerely, thank you! I was hesitant to start a blog, but as I told Christina this is my secret obsession; reading fellow mommies blogs about daily struggles and triumphs, recipes and thoughts! What a blessing you terrific ladies are and what sweet fellowship we share...so thank you!

I think in keeping with the tradition of this award, I'm supposed to give to other lovely ladies..one problem!! All my girlfriends have been awarded this previously! So, I will write about them, and if you all chose to re-post it kudos! Also, though I don't have many blogger friends yet, I would still choose these ladies...reasons...They love the Lord and desire to honor Him in all their actions and relationships...They are all married and they teach me more and more how to be a loving wife to Rex. They are all mothers...and they are amazing mothers! The ones with older (and multiple) children home school and have taught me sooo much by there example and by there time in teaching me..They are also really great friends. You know when you come to the table, lay it all out there, they will be loving, they will be compassionate, and they will be true...to God's Word. I have confidence that each lady would redirect me to the Bible in an instant if I was struggling...so I praise God for each lady listed!

1. Alicia ...This wonderful woman has brought so much perspective to our ladies Bible study group. Every week I find myself waiting to hear what she has to say and then go home and replay the wisdom she spoke, in my mind. It's amazing to me, that through trials, God reveals so much to us about himself and during certain trials this woman grew spiritually right before our eyes and it was such a testimony to me and my family. I love you Alicia and my family thanks God often for your family!

2. Kristen ....is a relatively newer friend and instantly I knew there would a blossoming friendship. This girl is amazing. Really! Shes got two young boys and another on the way and has had a few tragic circumstances this year...all pretty big ones....and she has responded so well to them all.. she is so filled with the Fruit of the Spirit! You can't help but want to know God more intimately. She is also super creative and really easy to talk to. The type you can pour your heart out too and feel loved! We have also had so many similar situations it's always great to hear another moms perspective on the same circumstance you have gone through.. I'm excited to continue to grow this friendship with you!

3. Christina is one of those ladies that just seem to have it all together (I'm sure she'll disagree, but this is my blog...) Our friendship is still fresh as well, but it feels like I've always known her! She has a very peaceful and warm feel about her. I always look forward to seeing her at church. She is so encouraging and always seems to be joyful..I don't think I've ever seen a frown on her face..yet:) She also is very clever and crafty. I love love love your floral wreathes and floral arrangements in vases! Beautiful!!

4. Katy is a really neat gal too. She used to attend our church, but then left us (I kid, she moved!) so we have kind of lost touch until Blog world! So I am really excited about rekindling our friendship! She also has a little boy and baby girl on the way!! Many, many congratulations to your family!!! Katy has a great fashion sense and has decorated her home so lovely..she really "green" or Eco-friendly (which I totally applaud and am a huge fan of...she's hard core!! She has also started her own business and is great on the sewing machine...she's pretty much the "whole package" so to speak:) She really has a heart that loves God and she tends to her family sooo well! She and her hubby are also super cute together...and really competitive in sports (I strongly suggest you don't play badminton couple vs. couple!!)



and if this lady had one I'd for sure pick her...and even though she doesn't...she's getting one..because I know she reads blogs!! and I simply adore her!!....drum roll please.......
.......................................
.......................................
.......................................
.......................................
.......................................
.......................................
5. Tricia W....the more I get to know this fine woman, the more I learn about Gods attributes and His blessings to His children...and I certainly want to be a woman that makes others learn those things! This lady is so generous with her time, though she has a busy schedule. Thoughtful with her words, she is loving to her husband and children, very responsible with their finances and so eager to help others. I just love this gal and...I'm hoping soon, Tricia, you will be joining the blog world..if I can do it.. you for sure can!

There are also a few other ladies I would love to list..but they don't blog and I don't think they read them either...so I'll mail them a letter and let them know how grateful I am for them! Whew...long day in the blog world... signing off!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I agree with your reflections on these ladies and graciously thank you for your words for me (you made me cry:( Our church family has been so blessed!
I'm glad you linked to Flo's blog because I would like to start keeping up with her.

I am Katy, said...

I wish we were at Cornerstone still. :( We seriously considered the hour drive to and from church. I love all the gals you mentioned and wish I saw you all more often. God still blesses me and challenges me through you all. Yes, God even uses blogs for His glory. :)

BTW- I think we need a rematch. Sounds like another good excuse to get together. We haven't seen your whole family in ages.

Christina said...

Thank you for your kind words! I love seeing you at church and talking with you too.

And no, I don't think your lame for blogging twice in a day. I'm glad you did. And I think Alicia's got you beat anyway with THREE posts today.

Tricia said...

Thank you for the kind words. I love all the women you have mentioned. I agree with everything you said about the other women. I am so blessed that all of them are in my life.

Alicia said...

Hey!
(Directed at Chritina w/ LOL!:)
I just have so much to give to the world, one post is not enough for me!
Acutally, i've been bored cause we have all been so sick.
There is no law against it, blog at will I say!

Kristen Borland said...

oh my gosh. you're too much! i love you!!

i love this list because i know them all!!! fabulous choices! :)

julie said...

hey! i found you too! it will be good to keep up with your sweet famiily! blessing to all of you.
love,julie harris

Labels